Telford’s favourite park is up for another award this September – and it needs your vote!
Green Flag Award are looking for the nation’s favourite park and you can help Telford Town Park to make it into the top 10 for the second year running by voting for it in the People’s Choice Awards.
This year an army of experts have awarded a record breaking 1973 Green Flag Awards to the UK’s very best parks and green spaces. The scheme is now asking the public to vote for their favourites.
To vote for your favourite, visit this page http://www.greenflagaward.org.uk/park-summary/?park=2560 and click the vote button. Once you’ve voted, why not encourage others to get involved too?
Voting opens 1 September and closes 30 September, with the top 10 winning sites being announced on 15 October.
Last month, Telford Town Park was voted as the Best Park in the West Midlands for its much loved green spaces and activities by the public.
Councillor Carolyn Healy, Cabinet Member for Visitor Economy, said: "We are so proud of our Town Park and its continued recognition as one of the best parks in the country.
"Telford Town Park has so much to offer amongst the many hectares of land and nature, including activities such as Sky Reach high ropes, adventure golf and various play areas.
"The staff and Friends of Telford Town Park work so hard to maintain the facilities for members of the public to enjoy. We hope that everyone who uses the park will take the time to vote for it again.”
Paul Todd, International Green Flag Award Manager said, "This year we have had more Green Flag Award winning sites than ever before, The People’s Choice Award is an opportunity to show how much your favourite park means to you. Make your voice heard and vote now.”
Last year saw tens of thousands of people voting for their favourite park, with winners coming from all across the UK, including Telford Town Park.
Last year’s top 10 People’s Choice winners were
• Cassiobury Park, Watford Borough Council
• Clifton Park, Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
• Elsecar Park and Local Reservoir Nature Reserve, Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
• Saltwell Park, Gateshead Council
• Strathaven Park, South Lanarkshire Council
• Telford Town Park, Telford and Wrekin Council
• University of Essex Wivenhoe Park, University of Essex
• Victoria Park (Tower Hamlets), London Borough of Tower Hamlets
• Victoria Park (Widnes), Halton Borough Council
• Warley Woods (Sandwell), Warley Woods Community Trust